Sunday, September 20, 2009

Introductions

I've been so busy with updating the travel blog and getting out job applications that I forgot to show off pics of the my purty new flat. 







There's still a lot of work to be done to get it looking the way I want. But this is a start and I'm so very happy with the place.



And speaking of, now would be a good time to introduce my flatmate, Rain Man. So called because of his inability to watch a movie without shouting out the next line in the dialogue. Or mumbling it after I have given him the So-That-One-More-Time-And-You-Die-A-Long-And-Painful-Death stare. It all started when he got very upset when he tried to do this with Independence Day and lost miserably to me. He then proceeded to sulk for the next 3 days until he beat me in Rain Man. I then made fun of him for knowing all the lines in a Tom Cruise movie. Whatever! You're short! was his witty comeback in reference to the fact that I had to buy a little step to reach the middle and top shelves in the kitchen and (properly) look into the washroom mirror.



And thus was the start of what I hope will be a beautiful friendship.


3 comments:

Jules said...

I am really glad that things are going well with your flatmate!

Sanchia said...

So have you tried out your skills on The Sound of Music yet? Bet you beat the shit out of him with that one. :)

The Pixy Princess said...

@Jules - me too! Its a nice feeling being very comfortable in your home!

@Sanch - lol, I don't think he'd buy that selection. But I can always try! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...