Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Last day of Nothingness

Today was my very last day as an unemployed sod! As of 8:30 am tomorrow morning, I will have rejoined the ranks of the gainfully employed and be on my way towards once again being a contributing member of society, and sadly having to endure heels again for the most part of a work day!

So what, you ask did I do today? Here are the highlights:
  • Woke up only marginally late and make myself a big scrambled eggs and toast brefix. Figured it would be a while before I had that luxury again!
  • Sent out "thankyous" to the 38 emails that came in in reply to my news of a new job. Must always be polite you know.
  • Cleaned up and vacuumed my room. Its going to be a long while before I do that again, and the dust bunnies were getting rather wild.
  • Settled down to watch some of my very fav British hunks in 4 of my all time "Feel Good" movies - Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, About a Boy, Love Actually and Notting Hill. These can also be classified as the part Colin Firth and whole Hugh Grant yummy-makes-me-swoon-with-delight collection.
  • Had a delightful dance session with one of the guys from dance class. He came over and I spent 2 hours polishing all the moves that I'd previously just about fuddled my way though. We had such a good time, we're going to make it a regular weekly thing - which is awesome!
  • Called a friend and had the pure joy of just .... chatting. Haven't done that in a while and it felt terrific.
  • Picked out an outfit for my first day. Then changed my mind about 4 times. In the process, I ironed about 6 pairs of pants and 4 shirts - some of which weren't even mine.
  • Started reading "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone". Will be re reading and re watching all books and movies out to date in anticipation of upcoming movie and book.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...