Friday, June 18, 2010

Facts and Figures

335 days since I arrived into G Town last year, full of hope. The possibilities were endless.

302 days since I got dumped the first time. Suddenly, possibilities had limitations.

16 days since I got dumped the second time. By the same guy.

17 days since I washed my hands off him once and for all. About time eh?

3 - the number of people that have opted to turn their back on me. Their loss.

21 - new friendships that I have forged, including imaginary online blog buddies!

290 days since I moved into my flat and found out that I'd struck gold on the flatmate meter.

260 days since Nana passed away.

49 days since Papa followed her.

5 - beautiful surprise cards and gifts sent by loving friends to cheer me up. Bless them!

4 - plants bought to cheer myself up!

500 (and counting) - the number of times I have thanked the Heavens for the gift of family, of friends and of love.

156 days since I hugged a family member.

17 days that I got to share VBFs parents and have a Mommy around.

277 job applications sent out.

65 - days that I've worked over the past 10 months.

£700 - the amount that an ex employer owes me.

34, 20, 14 - the number of phone calls, text messages and emails that I have sent that ex employer.

2 - the number of times I have wished the pox upon him. Bastard.

14 - the number of pounds I have dropped in weight since moving here. The all yogurt diet sure helps.

7 - food dishes that I mastered cooking before I moved onto the all yogurt diet.

3 - the number of holidays I have had in the past year; India, Paris and the Netherlands. Not bad for someone who is financially broken.

10 days until I leave for England and a new opportunity.

43 days of confirmed employment. Thankfully.

365 days until my visa expires. The possibilities are endless.

7 comments:

Elli said...

A lot of stuff has happened to you. Sooo much..

Does this last point that I get to keep you a bit longer? <3

Anonymous said...

Like the last one the best. ;)
pp

Timorous Beastie said...

Wow! You are so industrious and inspiring. We love you Pix!

Wandering Wynie said...

*Inhales excitedly* you're moving to England?! Cool! I loved this post ;) The possibilities are endless. Never forget!

The Pixy Princess said...

Ellie - you have me until the end of September for sure. after that....???

Wynie - I'm moving just for 6 weeks over the summer. Have a job set up in England for that time.

The Blonde One said...

1 lovely person who I have no doubt will make the next 365 full of magic and possibilities.

laurie said...

hadn't realized you're moving to england. you'd better pack this blog to take iwth you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...