Friday, March 19, 2010

Finding the Awesome

Perhaps it is because I am what is possibly the very end of my proverbial tether that I am glancing around and trying to find the awesome (as my friend Trippy would say) in the small and the mundane and the seemingly unremarkable.

Like the fact that we had (almost) 3 weeks of straight sunshine here in G Town. And that Rain Man finally figured out what was making our shower head go *splutter splutter* and then made it go *shoowsh shoowsh* again. And that although my hair has grown right out of the December cut, it still manages to fall well and rest in (non product induced) bouncy glory around my neck. Or it could be the new "find-a-job" method I have adopted which is to take long walk around the city peering into shop windows looking for help wanted signs. I usually find about one or two per walk, which is not bad odds really; and hey, its a two for one deal as I'm getting a bit of exercise in as well!
And it could be that my local organic grocery store is having a sale on potted plants and I was able to pick up this little flowering pot (name unknown). If you do know what its called, do tell! Also from the organic store, a little patch of shamrock. That combined with a little milk pot from the charity shop for 40p, the entire ensemble made a lovely little Paddy's Day prezzie for Rain Man. OK, so I'll be the one actually looking after the plant, but t'was a nice gesture, no?

Best of all though when one of my rambles the other day, I spied a clump of crocus's peeping through the grass. Here's hoping that Winter has passed and that warm days are ahead.

3 comments:

laurie said...

awesome, indeed

are those gerbera daisies?

Wandering Wynie said...

There is absolutely nowt wrong with finding the awesome in the small pleasures of life. I LOVE seeing crocuses poking through the hard post-winter ground. The flowers aren't gerberas but I can't remember what they're called........

Anonymous said...

Wynie....they might be gerberas...

Love the greenery...living things are so good for the soul.

PP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...