Monday, July 27, 2009

Likes and Dislikes

After 13 days in G Town, I like:
  • Living the heart of a city. Everything is incredibly close and walkable
  • Living in the same city as my boyfriend. Its incredible not having to calculate forward or back in time before dialing his phone number, and wondering if I can afford the call in the first place!
  • Living in the same city as my oldest friend. We are discovering our friendship all over again.
After 13 days in G Town, I do not like:
  • The feeling of isolation each day as I am home alone looking up endless jobs online.
  • The fact that a lot of my day is now taken up doing mindless chores like dish washing and laundry.
  • The fact that planning the dinner menu is now the high point of my day.
If there is a job out there, please let me find it!

4 comments:

Timorous Beastie said...

You can have mine and I'll stay home and make the dinner!

The Bride said...

Reminds me of when I first came to HK. Job hunting can be a bummer but something will work out eventually, and then you'll miss the free time.

Jules said...

Have you tried going out and hitting the temp agencies for face to face meetings? Actually showing up with a hard copy of your CV, dressed appropriately, and showing that you are an alert, intelligent, "can do" kind of person - that can make a big difference in finding a job (or at least, a temp job to begin with). And it will get you out of the house! :-)

The Pixy Princess said...

Beastie - I'm sure you'll do a better job anyway. I'm a train wreck in the kitchen!

Bride - fingers crossed.....

Jules - Just what I'm going to do today! As soon as I can locate a "decent" pair of trousers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...