Thursday, May 14, 2009

Revelation

The notice about my leaving went out to my colleagues on Monday. I was relieved because it was getting very awkward at work when people were wondering why I wasn't picking up projects that were directly related to my work and why at the beginning of the fiscal year it was announced that a lot of my major clients were being redistributed. I hadn't wanted to lie about my leaving, but until my VP made the official announcement there wasn't a damn thing I could do!

And yet, when I saw the email and read the announcement for myself, a chill went down my spine. This was it. Certainly no turning back now! The die was cast and in 57 days I would be unemployed! There was a certain *gulp* factor to that realization!

Then, logging in to Skype this evening I was met with a very low down and subdued version of my Beans who in a tiny tiny voice told me that he'd been sick all day, and for most of the night before. No need for details here, but any of you who've been through a bad bout of stomach flu will know what I'm talking about.

And as I listened to him, I knew that I didn't want to be this far away from the one I love. I wanted to be able to hold him and comfort him when things were wrong and to clasp his hands and dance around madly in the good times. This long distance thing was crap and thankfully in a mere 61 days I was going be with him again.


2 comments:

CurlyGirlie said...

U really owe your VBF a lot now don't u?

The Pixy Princess said...

More than I can ever begin to explain. She's exempt from giving me gifts for the rest of her life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...