And because I cannot resist, here's my two pence:
- Best opening sequence in a long long time. Yes people, the Oscars are about MOVIES and ACTORS - not comedians with their trying-too-hard monologues.
- Best year for acceptance speeches. Personal fav, the Japanese dude winning for best short animation ended his speech with "Domo Arigato, Mister Roboto". Kate Winslet telling Meryl Streep to "suck it up" was also pretty damn funny.
- Best intro to the 4 big acting awards. It must have felt pretty damn good to be celebrated in that fashion - win or no win.
- Best presenter pairing - Steve Martin and Tina Fey. Now that's how you do a comedic presenter piece.
- Worse gown - Beyonce. It looked like someone had vomited gold all over the dress and her too plain hair and make up and utter lack of jewellery wasn't a hit either.
- Worst presenter pairing - Daniel Craig and Sarah Jessica Parker. Thank god for the teleprompter, because it was obvious that they had NOTHING to say to each other.
- Best awkward moment - cameras cutting to Angie as Jennifer Anniston and Jack Black did their thing on stage.
- Worst let down - Hugh Jackman kept his clothes on for the entire show. I want a refund.
Just in case you were under a rock and missed out on what happened with Hollywood's biggest night of the year, here's an excellent article that nicely sums it all up.
Wish this guy did some of the acceptance speeches!!