Friday, January 16, 2009

Random Thoughts from the New Year

It's a good thing that "update blog more often" was not one of my new year resolutions! I cannot believe that today is already the 16th and that this is my first blog post for 2009. Shameful!

Thanks to the stress from my nightmare journey back home from Australia, I fell ill the day after I got home and I'm still struggling to shake off a nagging cough. Two coughs/colds in a month's time is no good. My body screams tired.

Going on holiday is wonderful. Playing catch up with work when you get back is NOT. Also, one of my colleagues left our company 2 days after I got back, so I'm trying to juggle managing my workload AND hers until we find a replacement. No one wanted me at work spreading germs, so ended up having to work from home for a few days until I wasn't such a cesspool!

Caught up with the Beer Baron and Trippy last weekend and we exchanged "Christmas" prezzies!!!! Trippy gave me a lovely holiday album/scrapbook for my holiday pictures and BB gave me a sock hat! Literally, a toque with two socks popping out of the top. I can twist and manipulate the socks into various "styles" like the Princess Leah or the Shrek or the likes. SO COOL! Stay tuned for pics through out winter!

The prezzie came at a great time too! This past week, the temperatures have averaged a balmy -20C with sharp winds on some days that took us all the way down to -33C. Brrrrrrr.

BUT in a mere 22 days,
BEANY WILL BE HERE IN TORONTO!!!!!!!!!!
Hip Hip Hurrah!!!
Just the thought of seeing him again and spending 2 glorious weeks with him makes me warm and fuzzy all over and allows me to face anything - even this the bone chilling cold with a modicum of a smile. I have HEAPS of things planned for him when he's here including dining at the top of the CN tower (reservations made!), going to a Raptor's game, visit to Niagara Falls (which I hear is really beautiful in the winter), celebrating my birthday with friends and family (not together!) and travelling to Montreal and/or Ottawa for a couple of days of sheer blissful alone time............
...........................
...........................
...........................
...........................

Sorry... was dreaming a bit there!

Anyway, there's loads to look forward to over the next few weeks - Beany's arrival, my birthday and a friend's wedding are just some of them! Go 2009!







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...