Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Plans!

Just finished confirming details for my upcoming trip to NYC this weekend. Here's what I have planned:

Sunday, June 29:
- Arrive into EWR via Porter Airlines (cheepie cheepie seats, yey). ETA 10:30 am
- Proceed to Penn Station and rendezvous with friend - NJ Daddy and his 8 month old son, NJ baby.
- Head over to Shea Stadium to catch the 1:07 game - Mets vs. Yankees
- Back to NJ Family's place where hopefully NJ Mummy will be done with work and we can all spend a nice evening catching up.

Monday, June 30:
Head back into NYC.
The Exploration of Central Park will include; ride on carousel, row boat in lake (try not to fall in), tea (or pint) at the boathouse, check out Alice in Wonderland exhibit, listen as the Delacorte Music Clock chimes out the hour, at some point promenade along the Mall and tip my hat to that master storyteller Hans Christian Anderson, pause for thought at Strawberry Fields before going on to relive my childhood at the Victorian Gardens.

Make my way to Grand Central Station to meet old school friend and her husband and then the 3 of us will head up to the Bronx to "The House that Babe Built" to watch the Yankees play the Texas Rangers.

Tuesday, July 1:
Happy Canada Day! And the reason I'm on this mini break to begin with!
- Explore Greenwich Village and Soho stopping at the Guggenheim Museum Soho to check out Andy Warhol's version of The Last Supper. You know, just to compare it to old Leo's that I saw when I was in Rome!
- Indulge in a little bit of shopping perhaps? Used books? Vintage clothing stores? Sidewalk steals?
- Head back to Penn Station to catch the bus back to the T Dot. Make sure to purchase ear plugs in case the guy in the seat besides me is trying out for a place in the tuba section of the local band!


So, those are my tentative plans. Of course there's always the scores of museums and art galleries to go explore in case the weather is shite - and lately, its been all that. If you, gentle reader have any comments, suggestions or stories to share about NYC, please do - I'm all ears!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome mini break. You probably won't have time, but Ellis Island is worth a visit sometime too.

Of course, I think just finding the best second hand bookstore, getting a coffee and staying put would be just as good.

Hugs to NJ dad, mum and baby from me. Can't wait to hear the stories and see the photos.

Have fun, kiddo.

Penguin Pal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...