Saturday, February 17, 2007

Puzzles and Prezzies!

Somehow I got switched over to the "new" Blogger. I tried to sign in today and the old one simply didn't exist anymore! Talk about being arm twisted into something! 


Then when I was trying to create a google account, I was told that I already have one! This was news to me. I have no recollection what-so-ever of creating anything like that. Good heavens, I only JUST turned 26 yesterday, and already things are fading from my LTM. what's next? Night blindness and tunnel vision? Phantom pains in my joints? *gulp*


On the flip side, I did have a lovely birthday!


I was able to celebrate with my gradparents and my B'bay family after 6 years. My Nana hosted a little "party" lunch for a few close relatives and friends and we had a lovely Chinese lunch from 5 Spice - which I was told was THE latest thing in Chinese take out - followed by delish cake-and-ice-cream, follow by a hilarious round of "personities" which left all the participants helpless with laughter!


My birthday present to myself was a free-for-all at the nearest bookstore where I came away with 8 new friends for my bookshelves.


Other exciting prezzies included a beautiful new wristwatch from Nana and Papa, a earing and chain set and clothes from Very Best Friend and her family, more clothes from the family, a diary and book - I Capture the Castle - from my cuz Scribbler her fiance and finally loads of do-what-you-what-with-it cash from other family that will definitely come in handy on my upcoming trip to the south of India. Quite a nice haul I say!

Just when I though my day was done, some of my friends swung by and took me out for Birthday drinks which was a very nice end to a very nice birthday! 


More fun follows tonight at another friend's place who's birthday is also on the 16th.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a fantastic day. Best wishes for a year filled with lots of adventures and unique experiences!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...