Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Stick a fork in it - summer's DONE!

So the last long weekend of the summer came and went in a flurry of rain and wind otherwise known as Tropical Storm Ernesto. Such a bummer too as it was the only long weekend I'd had off this summer!
Still, it wasn't a complete washout (pun intended!) as the 5 Families met at my aunt's for a join celebration of her birthday and my grandparents 61st (yikes!)anniversary. Good food as usual! Yum! I scooted off early though to go see Lord of the Rings - the musical. I just had to see for myself if a theatre version of Tolkien's classic story would - well quite simply put - cut it! I grabbed the opportunity to get cheap tickets and went to see it with some friends. Thankfully it was much much more than what I'd imagined. In fact, I wholly applaud the set designer who actually MADE middle earth appear on a X by X ft stage.

It was back to school the following Tuesday for all the kiddos and thankfully a VERY short week as I left work early on Friday for a friend's wedding! Thankfully the weather held out for the ceremony which on the rooftop of the banquet hall - right on Lake Ontario. Ma Nature seems to have thought that just because its September… she must send in the winds and rains! We've had nothing but dark and stormy days ever since the beginning of the month. And I've been so darn busy I haven't even had the chance to dig out my Fall clothes. *sigh* prolly nothing fits anyway! Oh well… that just means I'll have to go shopping soon! ;)

5:20 pm and already its pitch dark outside! And me still stuck at workj with a pile of things in my inbox!
Must run.... later darrlings!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...