Monday, December 19, 2005

The Past Few Weeks. Part 2

By the time December came around, I was neck deep in the family project I was working on. I learnt that if ever given a choice to coordinate with family again.... run like the wind. Seriously, I just don't understand how otherwise (supposed) adults function in a professional environment and manage deadlines for reports, projects etc. But when given a simple task with plenty of time to do it, fail to comprehend even the simplest set of instructions.

For example, here's a sample of the kind of email I would send out:
Hello All!!
Quick reminder that all the grandkids pictures are due in by this weekend. Please please try and get them in to me ASAP coz I'll need the whole weekend to plan the layout of the scrapbook.
Thanks!

Sample of the replies I would get:
... when are the blurbs due?
... what is the theme colour for this scrapbook?
.... who do we have to send our blurbs to?
... what's a blurb?

Still, I persisted.... and thankfully have all the pictures, blurbs and other bits and pieces of information I need to get this all together. Right now, I do NOT envy my cousin who, has to create order out of chaos and somehow string all the blurbs together to write the entire story!

One thing's for sure. Its not going to be done in time for Christmas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...