1. Answer a frantic call from a colleague from the charity where you volunteer.
2. Agree (against your better judgement) to show up and help out at an event that evening where they are desperate for help.
3. Wheedle a friend to go with you with promises of pints and other such treats.
4. Take your spot on the podium as requested by the shoot director.
5. Drop your bathrobe, strike a pose, face the camera and turn on your very best smile.
And voila! A super surge of adrenalin guaranteed to make you forget about horrid life events such as getting dumped, not having a job, your grandmother's death, missing your friends and family and all other such lows. Also guaranteed to keep a smile plastered on your face for the next few days as you revel in pulling off a downright ballsy move!
The calendar comes out in a few weeks time. All proceeds go towards care and support for cancer patients and their families, here in Scotland. Copies are £5 each. Let me know if you'd like one, and keep an eye out for November 2010!